Raytheon Technologies IT Systems Engineer - Expert in McLean, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared System Engineer Expert in the McLean, VA area. The right candidate must maintain a thorough awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a keen awareness of on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development efforts; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications. Work involves developing and supporting end-to-end technical projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for project control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status. Immediate response may be required to restore or maintain system functionality. Systems Engineer must possess Local Area Network (LAN) skills; ability to build servers, understand certificate authorities and integrate customer systems into enterprise.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Excellent background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
• Recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
• Extensive knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
• Proficiency in scripting languages with a focus on PowerShell.
• Experience with McAfee product suite.
• Demonstrated performance as a Systems Engineer / Architect, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle.
• Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
• Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
• Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
• Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
• Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
• Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
• Secure remote mobile computing.
• No OCONUS or CONUS travel anticipated, however subject to the customer needs
• Eight (8) years of direct relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.