Raytheon Technologies Prncpl Systems Administrator in McLean, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies has an immediate need for a System Administrator to support the Sustainment and Maintenance Team on the Londinium Program.
This position supports a highly dynamic Information Technology (IT) environment that offers rewarding opportunities to think outside the box in order to deliver innovative and sustainable network environments to our customers.
The Londinium system administrators work both independently and as a member of an integrated product team supporting a wide variety of basic and complex computing and network configurations and must have a mix of LINUX, Windows, and basic networking experience.
The on-site system administrator will support the day-to-day operations of the Sponsor’s laboratory computer systems.
This support will include the installation, configuration, maintenance, failure analysis and recovery, performance monitoring, data storage management, and security management of laboratory computer systems.
The system administrator will at least one, preferably two, administrative languages (shell, PERL, Tk, Powershell, Python, etc.) and shall have functional knowledge of UNIX, LINUX, and Windows operating systems in the conduct of their duties.
The right candidate will have demonstrable functional knowledge of distributed and clustered computing environments, cloud computing and virtualization environments.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the System Administrator may include, but are not limited to:
· Responding to inquiries concerning all aspects of computer and network operations
· Creating and managing user/group accounts (ex: Active Directory (AD) and Network Information Service (NIS))
· Installing, configuring, updating and removing system and application software
· Installing, configuring, updating and removing system hardware (servers, workstations, monitors, printers, plotters, scanners, transceivers, network interface cards, network physical links)
· Configuring NFS, NIS, SAMBA, etc. remote hosting/sharing protocols
· Backing up and restoring files
· Monitoring and allocating system resources (CPU, memory, and storage space)
· Auditing system log files, to include compliance audits
· Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software problems
· Documenting hardware and software configurations, maintenance history, and backup history
· Implementing up-to-date system policies and procedures
· Updating/patching system operating systems
· Utilizing extensive DEVOPS capabilities such as the continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) to shorten systems development life cycle
· Familiarity with software configuration management tools such as Puppet, ansible, etc.
· Implementation and management of new and existing Active Directory services
Minimum Qualifications and Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience, and eight (8) years of relevant experience (see below bullets).
Eight (8) years of equivalent military training and/or experience in an information technology field will be
considered in lieu of a degree.
· Five (5) years or more of total intelligence community relevant work experience as a system administrator
· Seven (7) years’ experience as a system administrator
Must be a US Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance with poly and be crossover eligible.173545
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.