Raytheon Technologies Storage Engineer in McLean, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is looking for a Storage/Systems Engineer in the McLean, VA area. The Candidate should be able to provide day-to-day support of the storage area network infrastructure, monitor and install new storage systems, establish and troubleshoot host connectivity, network cabling, FCoE and Fibre Channel including the implementation and administration of zoning and VSANs. A minimum of eleven (11) years of experience to include but not limited to the following requirements:
• Designing, installing testing, implementing storage area network technologies including iSCSI, FCoE, and Fibre Channel SANs
• Working knowledge of philosophy and practice underlying storage network operations
• Configuring and trouble-shooting both Windows and UNIX/LINUX based system connectivity
• Ability to utilize basic analysis resources to resolve routine network performance problems
• Experience deploying and managing network attached storage (NAS) systems and network file systems including NFS and CIFS
• Ability to provide basic explanation of technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrated ability to be a quick learner who can work self - guided
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities
• Knowledge of Windows, Linux operating environments
• Personnel shall possess knowledge and experience in
• Operating storage networks and networking technologies, particularly identification and solution of problems, restart I recovery, additions, deletions, and modifications of network switches, and servers
• Analyzing network and storage characteristics (e.g. traffic time, connect time, transmission speeds, utilization, packet size, and throughput), performance, and recommending procurement, removals, and modification to network components.
Minimum of 11 years of related experience and a Bachelor’s degree In Computer Science or related field
Additional demonstration of expertise through the obtaining of industry standard certifications, and course work in key skill sets would be considered and valued similarly to the candidate having a master’s in computer science in needed area of expertise
Expert level knowledge and hands-on experience deploying and setting up Hitachi storage systems
11 years of more hands-on experience managing, troubleshooting, and maintaining block and file storage systems
11 years or more hands-on experience with enterprise data backup solutions including Rubrik
Expert level knowledge and hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco MDS fiber channel storage switches
Must be a US Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance with poly and be crossover eligible.
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing .
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.