Raytheon Technologies Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in Middletown, Rhode Island
Who We Are:
Our team is seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO), working in support of various classified programs at our Middletown, RI location. At Raytheon BBN Technologies, you will receive unique experiences in support of National Security initiatives and programs. The candidate will gain hands-on experience to help develop, administer, and maintain comprehensive security programs in a fast-paced environment. This position routinely interfaces with all levels of management, users with extensive technical expertise and various government customers. The challenges are difficult but the rewards will be incalculable. Our team of Government Security professionals will give you the tools to prosper and grow in your career.
What you will do:
• Conduct risk assessments on system intended for use by a program to determine the proper security compliance.
• Assist ISSM in designing and implement Cybersecurity physical, procedural and technical security controls.
• Assesses and mitigates system security threats and risks.
• Work closely with ISSM to achieve system accreditation and maintain compliance of classified information systems.
• Defines and documents security artifacts for the system.
• Partner with appropriate stakeholders to evaluate cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities.
• Duties includes conducting regular audits to ensure proper security policies implementation, safeguarding classified materials and providing guidance to program personnel.
• Assist in managing all aspects of Information Systems (IS) and understanding of DISA STIG’s.
• Provide moderate technical and user support for numerous infrastructure configurations.
• Ensure that personnel are trained on the IS's prescribed security restrictions and safeguarding procedures.
• Special projects as needed.
What you will gain:
• Become part of a world-class organization that embraces innovation and challenges the status quo.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Become a resource for cybersecurity and all associated cybersecurity policies and procedures.
• Opportunity to develop technical skills such as Nessus, Splunk, Windows (GPO, hardening), etc.
What you need:
• U.S. Citizenship status is required to receive and maintain active Top Secret Security clearance.
• Knowledge of NISPOM and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• 2+ years of experience in Cyber security disciplines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related study. In lieu of a degree, 6 years of work experience in cybersecurity, information technology, or related field.
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME:
• Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems
• Computing Environment Certifications or ability to obtain within a year of hiring
• Knowledge of computer forensics tools and investigative methodologies
• Knowledge of Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) experience.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit. Raytheon BBN’s Government Security team is responsible for vigilantly protecting U.S. Government Classified information for Raytheon BBN and its customers. The team is responsible for a strategic risk management program that adapts to ever-changing environments, risks, and vulnerabilities. Areas of focus includes Cybersecurity, Industrial Security, Special Program Security, and Security Operations.
At BBN, we are building a richly diverse and culturally competent employee population. We provide a welcoming environment where everyone can grow. We invite you to apply if this position sounds like it would make you excited to come into work every day.
How you’ll grow:
Raytheon BBN Technologies encourages leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you tackle opportunities, and helping you recognize and sharpen your distinctive strengths. We encourage you to learn and grow by providing development opportunities within a unique and challenging Science & Technology organization. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore your potential. We look forward to learning from you as well.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.192889
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.