Raytheon Technologies Scientist I - DSP Software Engineer in Middletown, Rhode Island
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a DSP Software Engineer in our Newport, RI office to develop software for our Sensor Systems group. Our dynamic team of engineers and scientists produces leading-edge solutions for a range of government customers in a technically challenging environment that values individual initiative and collaboration. BBN engineers solve real-world problems through the innovative application of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies across a varied range of technical domains. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, delivering high quality, customer-focused solutions.
Who we are
BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
What you will gain
• Experience working on cutting-edge research, prototype, development and transition
• Work with world class researchers and engineers that embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Lead early in your career and establish a reputation in your fields of expertise
• Empower those with passion and entrepreneurial drive by valuing curiosity and adaptability
What you will need
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline; plus 5 years of experience or MS and 2 years of experience or newly graduating PhD.
• Current Secret security clearance.
• Real-time software development experience
• Experience moving designs from MATLAB algorithms into C code.
• Acoustic signal processing background
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
Additional Skills that would be great
• Advanced degree or additional experience
• Active DoD TS Clearance
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.