Raytheon Technologies AEGIS "SPY Tech" - Field Engineer: Relocation & Sign-on Bonus! in Moorestown-Lenola, New Jersey
Raytheon Technologies Intelligence & Space's Field Engineering is currently seeking a Sr Field Engineer with technical, hands-on Aegis experience to support the AEGIS Program. They represent Raytheon Technologies and Raytheon Technologies interests while supporting other major contractors, U.S. Government as well as U.S. Navy. Job consists of providing technical field engineering services to support the Combat System Engineering Development Site (CSEDS) with installation, technical writing, personnel training, operations, maintenance and modification of the MK-99 Fire Control System (FCS) and AN/SPY transmitters. Role requires that Sr. Field Engineer ensure they are functioning properly and troubleshoot any issues to maintain a 99% readiness rate.
• Provide technical field engineering services of a complex nature to Lockheed Martin and U.S. Navy/Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers in accordance with customer requirements in the installation, technical writing, personnel training, operations, maintenance, and modification of the AN/SPY Radar Transmitter System
• Support SPY Radar development
• Act as liaison between Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, Aegis Technical Representative, U.S. Navy and FMS personnel in an effective and tactful manner.
• Develop test procedures.
• Provide in-depth RF, microwave, and radar systems technical expertise.
• Support and provide training for U.S. Navy and FMS personnel.
• Provide additional technical field engineering services of a complex nature in support of PMO special tasks.
• Services provided will be in accordance with Lockheed Martin and U.S. Navy/FMS customer requirements in the installation, technical writing, personnel training, operations, maintenance, and modification/upgrade of the AN/SPY Radar Transmitter System.
• Tasks will include, but are not limited to, the installation of SPY reliability/upgrade ORDALT’s to bring SPY-1 transmitters up to current revision
• Maintain equipment availability of 99% or greater
• Work closely with Lockheed Martin System Engineering teams in the integration of the MK-99 and AN/SPY transmitters with the Aegis Weapon Systems and Aegis Combat Systems
• Provide integration support of the Aegis Operation Readiness Test System (ORTS)
• Support SPY Radar, Aegis Weapon System, and Aegis Combat System computer program test environments
• Support integration for the next generation naval systems including, but not limited to Aegis (domestics and FMS), BMD, and Multi Mission Signal Processor
• Provide support for special Navy directed experiments and test events
• Troubleshoot and repair cabinet and system level problems
• Provide in-depth RF, Microwave, and Radar Systems technical expertise
• Analyze equipment failures to determine root cause in order to then recommend and implement corrective action.
• Prepare and submit reports of equipment discrepancies and possible solutions.
• Devise and implement preventive maintenance programs and actively keep performance and maintenance records on equipment.
• Support coverage will be 50hrs a week.
• Must have prior experience leading installations and projects
• At least six years’ experience working with the AEGIS Weapon System
• Aegis “C” School on AEGIS SPY-1D & SPY-1D(V) Transmitters.
• Aegis “C” School on AEGIS FCS Transmitters & DCC MK15
• Working knowledge of electronics, tools and test equipment.
• Working knowledge of radar coolant systems and repair of same.
• Working knowledge of and experience working around high voltage.
• Complete understanding and application of Radar concepts and principles.
• Full knowledge of industry practices. Technical writing skills to maintain AEGIS documentation, provide feedback reports to Program Management & Quality Assurance, and provide solutions to a variety of complex problems.
• Should possess excellent verbal communications skills and know how to orchestrate job tasks between multiple group organizations.
• Formal training in Basic Electronics & Electricity (RF, Digital & Analog principles), solid state electronics and Microwave theory and principles
• Working knowledge of ORTS (Operational Readiness Test System)
• Able to interpret electrical & mechanical schematics
• General knowledge of basic RF Cable construction and repair of same
• Basic knowledge of electrical multi-pin connectors and the repair of same
• Personal Computer knowledge with extensive experience in MS Word processing and spreadsheet creation.
• Knowledge of electronics, RF principles and calculations, digital and analog principles and the ability to troubleshoot these areas.
• Experience working on SPY Transmitter variants & FCS Transmitters.
• Wire wrap and soldering skills, general hand tool use and electrical tool uses.
• Able to communicate with peers, superiors and customers in a positive manner.
• Possess technical writing skills to generate weekly status reports to Program Management.
A Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Field and 6 years relevant experience OR an Associate's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR at least 12 years relevant experience with no degree. Relevant experience includes military experience on similar complex AEGIS equipment.
Security Clearance: An active Secret Clearance is required for this position.
Additional Perks: Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Offered
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.