Raytheon Technologies Anlyst, Field Svc in Norfolk, Virginia
Job Description: Raytheon Technologies Intelligence & Space's Field Engineering is currently seeking Field Engineers with technical, hands-on Aegis experience to support the AEGIS Program. AEGIS Field Service Representatives (FSRs) work closely with the Raytheon Services Solutions and logistics to solve technical and material issues. They represent Raytheon and Raytheon interests while supporting other major contractors, U.S. Government as well as U.S. Navy. Job consists of installation, integration, testing, operating, maintaining, and the repair and modification of complex radar systems (SPY-1A through SPY-1D(V)) and the MK 99 Fire Control System (FCS) in support of the delivery of new construction warships to the U.S. Navy as well supporting the Aegis Fleet.
AEGIS FSRs must be able to:
• Travel extensively to Naval shipyards to support ORDALT installations and technical assists CONUS and OCONUS.
• Accept temporary assignments that require at sea support on board US Navy ships in support of AEGIS Systems.
• Operate, maintain, align, troubleshoot and repair SPY-1D, SPY-1D(V), & MMSP Transmitter Equipment and Fire Control Systems (FCS) on board US Navy Aegis Class destroyers (DDG-51 through DDG-90, DDG-91 through DDG-112, DDG-113 and follow on systems) utilizing state-of-the-art test equipment and operational readiness test systems.
• Participate in the installation and planning phase of shipboard equipment.
• Analyze equipment failures to determine root cause in order to then recommend and implement corrective action.
• Perform ordnance alterations (ORDALT) and change incorporation notices (CIN) to the radar.
• Perform intricate backplane and chassis wiring modifications as well as mechanical modifications to all FCS & SPY hardware.
• Prepare and submit reports of equipment discrepancies and possible solutions.
• Provide guidance and training to Navy technicians on all facets of the SPY radar and MK99 FCS.
• Devise and implement preventive maintenance programs and actively keep performance and maintenance records on equipment.
• At least six years experience working with the AEGIS Weapon System
• Aegis “C” School on AEGIS SPY-1D & SPY- 1D(V) Transmitters.
• Aegis “C” School on AEGIS FCS Transmitters & DCC MK15
• Working knowledge of electronics, tools and test equipment.
• Working knowledge of radar coolant systems and repair of same.
• Working knowledge of and experience working around high voltage.
• Complete understanding and application of Radar concepts and principles.
• Full knowledge of industry practices.
• Technical writing skills to maintain AEGIS documentation, provide feedback reports to Program Management & Quality Assurance, and provide solutions to a variety of complex problems.
• Should possess excellent verbal communications skills and know how to orchestrate job tasks between multiple group organizations.
• Ability to take charge and work with minimum supervision.
• Formal training in Basic Electronics & Electricity (RF, Digital & Analog principles),
• Working knowledge of ORTS (Operational Readiness Test System)
• Able to interpret electrical & mechanical schematics
• General knowledge of basic RF Cable construction and repair of same
• Basic knowledge of electrical multi-pin connectors and the repair of same
• Personal Computer knowledge with extensive experience in word processing and spreadsheet creation.
• Knowledge of electronics, RF principles and calculations, digital and analog principles and the ability to troubleshoot these areas.
• Experience working on SPY Transmitter variants & FCS Transmitters.
• Wire wrap and soldering skills, general hand tool use and electrical tool uses.
• Prior experience working overseas on international assignments.
• Prior experience working on board US Navy Ships.
• Able to communicate with peers, superiors and customers in a positive manner.
• Possess technical writing skills to generate weekly status reports to Program Management.
Candidates for a Field Engineer should have a Bachelors degree in electronics, OR an Associate's degree with 5 years of relevant experience OR at least 8 years of relevant experience with no degree. Relevant experience includes AEGIS military experience on complex radar systems (SPY-1A through SPY-1D(V)) and the MK 99 Fire Control System (FCS).
Security Clearance: An active Secret Clearance is required for this position
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.182830
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.