Raytheon Technologies Java Software Engineer II-Omaha, Nebraska in Omaha, Nebraska
Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, the company provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services.
At Raytheon Technologies, we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, Raytheon Technologies provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
About Your Team:
Engineering solves some of the most difficult technology challenges in our industry. We deliver high-performance solutions and provide a robust technology pipeline to fuel business growth today and beyond. We achieve our vision through a strategy that leverages our highly skilled, diverse and motivated workforce, collaborating to design and develop products using strict process discipline with a deep focus on technology and innovation. We strive to grow our people with exciting new challenges, on-the-job training, mentoring and purposeful rotations.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Technologies Omaha, NE Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customers' missions.
The Future Operationally Resilient Ground Evolution (FORGE) program is seeking a Senior Java Engineer to support software development activities. The purpose of the FORGE program is to develop an open framework for processing overhead data from Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) missile warning satellite constellation, next-generation persistent infrared (Next Gen OPIR) satellites, and other data from civil and environmental sensors.
“Attention – An experienced Java Engineer” is needed to support the FORGE program where you will work in an agile environment performing all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). You will get to:
• Work in an Agile DecSecOps or DevOps Environment
• Design Software Components and Code
• Create and Implement Test Procedures
• Integrate and Troubleshoot Software
• Write and Update Technical Documents
This position is located in Omaha, NE
Work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields. Specific duties include:
• Develop, integrate, and test software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
• Develop automated test and automated deployment software
• Some candidates may also support full lifecycle DevOps
• At least 2 years of experience developing, integrating, and testing software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Proficiency in Java on a Linux platform.
• Proficiency performing Unit Testing using Juni
• Proficiency using Software Design Patterns
• Proficiency using source control tools such as GIT
• Experience using cloud technologies such as AWS
• Proficiency with multi-threaded applications
• Ability to design software modules using an object-oriented approach.
• Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash, Perl and Python.
• Proficiency using agile software methodologies such as Scrum
• Proficiency in DevOps technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker/Podman Containers, Kubernetes, Ansible, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, and Maven
• Proficiency in system administration of Linux/Unix systems
• Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Certification in Security+
• Ability to provide direct customer interaction for the purpose of conveying software design decisions and/or performing software installation support.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance required
• Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• Proficiency developing micro-services
• Proficiency using variations of the Spring Framework
• Experience with API development and documentation
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience implementing cybersecurity hardening solutions
• Experience developing in a DevSecOps environment
• At least one type AWS certification
• Java certification
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred. Other STEM degrees and experience with a heavy object oriented software emphasis would be considered.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.