Raytheon Technologies Mgr III Business Development in Orlando, Florida
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing and implementing specific pursuit strategies within the Global Training Logistics (GTL) Business Unit. The BDM responsibilities includes teaming and solutions development. The BDM leads cross-functional business teams to develop strategies and implement actions that culminate in a pipeline of qualified opportunities where Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is positioned to win. The BDM develops knowledge of customers, understanding of competitors, an awareness of the effects of market dynamics within the assigned market segment of Simulation & Training for the US Army, US Air Force, US Navy, other DoD services, International MoDs and will possess the capability to recognize and bring to capture strategic opportunities specific to core competence of Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S).
The BDM will generate up to $100M in annual bookings with measurable growth over 5 years. The BDM reports directly to the GTL Business Development Executive (BDE) and will be assigned across GTL Sub-Mission areas.
• Develop customer, competitor, and market understanding for assigned market sub-segment.
• Establish relationships with Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) program managers and lower-level government and military decision-makers
• Conduct primary and secondary research to determine customer needs and generate business leads by building relationships and identifying and qualifying new opportunities
• Create and implement strategies and actions within GTL Sub-Mission Areas and customer market segments of Training, Logistics, Modernization and Sustainment that create, identify, develop and qualify profitable new business opportunities that grow the RI&S business.
• Develop and implement multi-level and multi-dimensional customer contact plans
• Use consultative selling techniques to better understand customer desires and work with solutions development teams to create customer-centric solutions
• Develop a prioritized pipeline of opportunities that is valued at least four to five times the revenue of the business unit
• Analyze customer information and develop customer hot buttons, key performance parameters, and opportunity price-to-win
• Leverage capabilities of multiple functions and customer access to create, identify, develop and qualify opportunities
• Develop initial opportunity capture strategy and conduct a smooth transition of opportunity to capture manager
• Work closely with capture managers to provide customer knowledge and strategic support for capture and proposal process
• Capture key customer and competitive knowledge and share it across the organization
• Support assigned business leader for new business
• Conduct internal and external customer briefings including Raytheon IPDS Gate Reviews
• Perform as a professional steward of IIS resources and reputation
• Position will require 20-30% domestic and international travel
Required Skills, Experience and Education
• 10 years related work experience with majority related to marketing management, business management or business
• Strong mix of commercial, defense, and military experience in the defense logistics domain
• Bachelor’s degree or 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
• Develop and maintain customer understanding and relationships
• Develop and execute marketing strategies, plans, and actions from analyzing market, customer, and competitor data
• Record of identifying, creating, developing, qualifying, and winning new business opportunities
• Identify and develop relationships with strategic teaming partners
• Record of significant business growth
• Leadership in creating and developing teams in a complex environment
• Work with other Raytheon leaders in developing new business and/or expanding into new markets
• Experience leading Opportunities and Pursuit bookings between $50 to $100 Million
• Experience in working in distributed teams of 10+
• Significant experience working with DOD related government customers in training and simulation markets, preferably to include US Army Training and Simulations, Program Executive Office Simulations Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI), US Army TRADOC, Combined Arms Center – Training (CAC-T), and the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Aviation and Missile Center, Systems, Simulation, Software, and Integration (S3I) Directorate community
• Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills-oral, written, listening
• Agility and flexibility
• Initiative, high energy, and passion for developing new business
• Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain
• Ability to effectively communicate with military customers from all the services
• Ability to operate independently but still retain an enterprise focus
Desired Skills and Experience
• Familiarity with Raytheon processes
• Familiarity with the training, modeling and simulations, logistics and/or engineering solutions industries
• Experience in international business and markets
• Demonstrated networking capabilities among various communities, e.g. acquisition officials/leads in the Department of Defense and other government agencies
• Experience working with Federal acquisition process
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.