Raytheon Technologies Sr Systems Engineer II in Osan, South Korea
This is a field engineering position that requires an array of technical competencies including the ability to perform product implementation, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. The position is in OSAN AB, S. Korea. It’s a Mission Essential (ME) position and the team member selected must be qualified to support U-2 operations under adverse conditions and impending or active hostilities.
In addition, the position supports a USAF worldwide deployable program so the team member selected must be able and ready to deploy anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice.
An active Secret or TS/SCI clearance is required.
Employment is contingent on meeting all medical requirements for overseas assignment including comprehensive post-offer medical examination.
• Monitor, analyze and characterize the performance of complex data processing systems.
• Isolated faults – Trace faults and distinguish between hardware and software fault sources.
• Recommend, initiate and oversee actions to correct faults.
• Maintain sensor equipment on aircraft.
• Provide support for aircraft checkout prior to flights.
• Integrate and updated software and hardware.
• Work with a diverse team of users, analysts, Raytheon and other contractor personnel, and customers.
• Demonstrated ability in handling the Job Responsibilities described above.
• Effective oral and written communication abilities.
• 6 years of related military, data processing, system administration, radar, IR or RF experience.
• Expertise gained through experience in sensor payload maintenance.
• Good knowledge of Solaris.
• Excellent teamwork skills – The ability to interact productively with end users, analysts, other Raytheon personnel, and customers in a diverse team setting.
Desired Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
• Aircraft maintenance and flight line experience.
• UNIX knowledge typically gained through 6 years of experience.
• Working knowledge of/experience using Military Equipment accounts and Integrated Maintenance Data Systems (IMDS).
• Experience working with ASARS imagery and knowledge of RADAR theory.
BS STEM related degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior experience.
Active Secret clearance required. Active TS/SCI preferred.
Special Work Circumstances:
• Working rotating shifts is required.
• Travel and long working hours are anticipated.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds and able to sit for long periods of time.
• Must be willing and able to get all inoculations, including the Anthrax Vaccine and the Smallpox Vaccine, required by the US military.
• Must be willing and able to deploy to environments that may include harsh living conditions (extreme heat and cold, deployed living conditions, etc).
This position requires either a U.S. Person.