Raytheon Technologies NWS Sr Manager Proposal Analysis in Ottawa, Ontario
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint Canada and United States radar system that includes 47 sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaskan border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America’s polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites, five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks a Senior Manager Proposal Analyst to support the NWS system O&M Program Office in Ottawa.
This is a term position focused on creating a winning cost plus proposal in response to a request for proposal to help achieve our business goals.
Plan and schedule proposal efforts, compiles cost, and have knowledge of the North Warning System technical elements in the development of the proposal in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. The candidate will be required to research and analyze historical data, develop cost models to support proposal efforts and coordinates activities as well as participate in fact-finding meetings. She/he will be required to participate in cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives along with the contract negotiating team.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 7+ year’s working knowledge of the North Warning System.
• Experience leading or supporting competitive new business, follow-on business and engineering change proposals for the government or government prime contractors.
• Strong understanding of government laws and regulations related to the development and negotiation of cost proposals
• Experience working in a pricing lead role as part of an overall proposal management team including business development, program management, finance, contracts and functional organizations is required.
• Excellent MS Excel and Word skills
• Ability to interface with senior management
• Advanced level experience with proposal pricing software tools
• Customer driven cost model development using MS Excel
Raytheon Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.173730