Raytheon Technologies Sr Eng, Mech Engrg in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
The Mechanical Engineering Directorate's Undersea & Electronics Systems Department , located at the Seapower Capability Center, Portsmouth RI, is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer with a minimum of 6 years of experience as a Mechanical Lead for project detailed design, documentation, fabrication, assembly and test of high reliability electronic systems for various military and Government applications.
Working as part of an integrated product team, the position requires broad technical expertise in the mechanical engineering field with knowledge of related disciplines and proven leadership capabilities within a team environment on assigned projects.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Leading a team of mechanical engineers on technical projects utilizing proven team methodologies
Managing team manpower, design and financial metrics, and documentation and reporting of same to management on a regular basis
Apply technical skills along with an understanding of production needs
Implementation of concept development based upon applying principles of mechanical engineering
Design opportunities include leading the design of electronic enclosures and the packaging of custom and Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) electronics within those enclosures.
Integration of COTS electronics into military enclosures is strongly desired.
Qualifications you must have:
Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
6+ years of demonstrated experience successfully leading mechanical design teams in technical tasking, regularly occurring design and financial reporting, and manpower planning within the team integrated master schedule
• 6+ years of experience in mechanical design, documentation (including GD&T Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and/or fabrication of complex military electronic systems
• Demonstrated experience with configuration management systems
• Demonstrated experience with task leadership and design related 3-D modeling software
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications We Value:
• MS in Mechanical Engineering
• 8 years of experience in mechanical design, documentation (including GD&T Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and/or fabrication of complex military electronic systems
• Experience on DoD programs
• Experience with PTC CREO and PDM
• Experience with COTs hardware selection and integration
• Experience managing programs using EVMS (Earned Value Management System)
What We Offer:
For the experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
The Portsmouth facility has miles of nature trails, a fitness center, a dining center, research library, and medical facility. There’s an active chapter of the Young Employee Success Network (YESNET), one of Raytheon’s employee resource groups, with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development, community service and social activities. Portsmouth is one of three towns on Aquidneck Island in the “East Bay” section of Rhode Island, and is anchored by the famed beaches, mansions, activities, and nightlife of Newport, five miles south of the facility. Aquidneck Island is a sailing center for Rhode Island as well as offering surfing and watersports at their several south-facing beaches. Boston is an easy car ride to our north.184425
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.