Raytheon Technologies Sr Field Engineer II - SAN/NAS Engineer-Richardson, Texas in Richardson, Texas
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state-of-the-art facility in Texas? Then join our team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our CityLine facility in Richardson, TX has been open for 2 years and it has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24-hr fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother’s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday’s, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at CityLine. Plus there are lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there! We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
The Raytheon Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) team has a Storage Administrator opportunity available. As part of a team of engineers, the candidate will be responsible for managing Storage services in multiple computer environments. These environments, a mix of servers, workstations, and custom hardware, provide the backbone for product development, testing, and eventual delivery for a large Raytheon Project. The candidate must be a self-starter, plan effectively to complete tasks, and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. This position may require some on call support and overtime, occasional after-hours availability, as well as limited (<20%) travel as required for installation and troubleshooting support.
An Active U.S. Security DoD Secret clearance is required as of day one of employment.
The candidate would join a small team whose tasks would be:
• responsible for storage configuration of a storage upgrade that includes NAS servers, SAN services, VMs, and databases
• Update and Maintain Storage Design Documentation
• Maintain storage configurations for storage devices, including SAN, NAS, spinning disk, and solid state. Configurations include: the types of storage systems to install, physical storage configurations, and how storage is presented to the remainder of the system
• Maintain backup configurations for backup components, including backup servers, tape libraries and other backup targets, backup policies, and other backup and archive components. Configurations include: the types of storage systems to install, physical storage configurations, and how storage is presented to the remainder of the system
• Maintain contact with vendors for hardware and software installation and troubleshooting
• Work with IT personnel for implementation of storage configurations
• Work with program personnel to troubleshoot storage issues and ensure solutions are incorporated into the storage configuration
• Must possess an active US DoD Secret or higher clearance
• Working knowledge of datacenter storage systems, including the storage system itself (primarily NetApp Storage systems), and NAS and SAN protocols for accessing data
• Working knowledge of Fiber Channel configurations on storage, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and servers, including multipath configurations
• Working knowledge of Brocade Fiber Channel switches
• Understanding of company backup architecture, emphasizing NetBackup Enterprise Server, NetBackup for VMware, and NetBackup DB integration capabilities
• Working knowledge of networks and virtualization
• Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with different engineering organizations to achieve the best designs while meeting schedule milestones
• Experience with automation design and implementation using Chef and Ruby (or similar products) for O/S builds, software installation and updates
• Experience with automation design and implementation using Unix/Linux command-line shell scripts
• Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase and familiarity with DR’s, CR’s, and IR’s written with ClearQuest
• Experience with DISA STIGs
• Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
• Working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 2016 (or later) Server, and Linux/Unix
• Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby) • Background in COTS product Installation
A degree and 4 years of related work experience with emphasis in: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems. Note: 14 years of Commensurate experience may be considered in lieu of a 4 year degree 180012
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.