Raytheon Technologies Cloud Service Software Engineer in Riverdale, Maryland
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is looking for Cloud System Engineers on our EPIC program out of Riverdale, Maryland. Remote opportunities is available for these positions.
Life with Raytheon Intelligence and Space
In this role, you will work with an amazing team of engineers to design and develop the Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC), an extramural center that will unite academia, industry and government to help create the most user-friendly and user-accessible comprehensive Earth modeling system. Raytheon Intelligence and Space was chosen by NOAA to lead new center dedicated to advancing U.S. weather forecasting. Click here to learn more Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC) (https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/raytheon-intelligence-and-space-to-lead-new-center-dedicated-to-advancing-us-weather)
What You will Get to Do:
As a System Engineer, you will play a crucial role in developing the Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC) for NOAA.
System Engineer will work in a dynamic Agile development environment performing installations, configurations, and maintenance of on-premise and cloud infrastructure. EPIC provides acceleration community-developed scientific and technological enhancements into the operational applications for Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) and improved Research to Operations (R2O).
As a member of the Raytheon EPIC team you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and polices (including response times), compliance to program and NOAA standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance), leveraging of industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and alerts.
As System Engineer, your duties will include:
• Surveying developers for insights into effective debugging activities and choosing how to incorporate those practices in a distributed, virtual environment.
• Surveying PMs for internal and grant-funded integration activities to understand the state of model coupling and integration, providing insight into initial Research-to-Operations (R2O) priorities and distinct needs for each component of an Earth Modeling System.
• Surveying teams of scientists focused on reforecast, reanalysis, and retrospective activities, to understand community use models outside of baseline evolution.
• Assessing the Earth Modeling System’s existing web portal as the communications platform, offering recommendations and capability enhancements.
• Assessing community-based and operational workflows running in cloud environments, along with porting activity of all cloud environments, to help stakeholders choose which cloud environments make the most sense for a budget-conscious community.
You will Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant STEM discipline.
At least 4 years of Lifecycle Development experience, such as Requirements, Design, and Testing, in on n-tier client/server applications.
• In-depth knowledge of application hosting, with 2-4 years of experience using Cloud Services in a Commercial Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
• Automated scripting and collection of metrics, via performance monitoring and/or testing experience.
• Experience supporting operations that automate application runtimes using infrastructure code such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Terraform.
• Experience conducting Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)/ Trade Studies on web applications and cloud solutions.
• Experience conducting and preparing Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBAs).
It Would Be Great if You Also Had:
Experience/Knowledge of microservice architecture, along with container orchestration and runtime.
What We can Offer You:
Ability to work Remote either part-time or full-time.
A company that is committed to fostering mentorship and career development for their team members whether you are just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional.
Ability to work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees.
The ability to continue your career in a challenging and collaborative organization
Flexible work hours that will allow you to balance qualify work and your personal life.
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, wellness, EAP, career development and recognition programs, work/life benefits, paid time off, and holidays. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This is a position that either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
#WeAreRIS #EngineerJobs #EngineeringCareers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.