Raytheon Technologies Senior Infrastructure Engineer in Riverdale, Maryland
Raytheon Technologies’ NOAA EPIC Program is seeking an Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work in a dynamic Agile development environment performing installations, configurations, and maintenance of on-premise and cloud infrastructure. EPIC provides acceleration community-developed scientific and technological enhancements into the operational applications for Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) and improved Research to Operations (R2O).
As a member of the Raytheon EPIC team you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and polices (including response times), compliance to program and NOAA standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance), leveraging of industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and alerts.
The following duties are expected to be carried out by the Infrastructure Engineer:
• Creating automated CI/CD pipelines that provision cloud-based test environments.
• Deploying Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) across any cloud-based or on-premise High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
• Maintaining a extensive test infrastructure that includes:
• Unit testing of new capabilities to validate completeness and accuracy,
• Regression testing of newly integrated algorithms as part of the larger model,
• Performance testing of new algorithms to provide insight into optimization level of the code as it would perform in a parallel environment, and
• Security testing to perform static and analysis, identifying possible vulnerabilities in newly submitted source code.
• Surveying data managers for usable data service models that translate well to a cloud-based environment.
• Guiding the ability to configure and test applications in a cloud-based environment by combing IaC playbooks and workflow management tools/resources.
Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills Requirement:
• Bachelor degree and at least 4 progress years of engineering experience.
• 3 years of total experience in at least two of the following areas: (i) Network design, (ii) VPN configuration, (iii) Security Policy Implementation, (iv) Storage management, (v) Web Server administration, Application Server administration, (vii) Windows or Linux administration.
• At least 2 years of provisioning infrastructures using IaC automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Terraform, with a focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and real-time recovery in failure situations.
• At least 1 year of using Cloud-based Serverless computing solutions in a Commercial Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
• Experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining HPC servers.
• Experience working in automated CICD/DevOps environments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Experience with managing commercial HPC
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
This is a contingent position that requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.