Raytheon Technologies Sr Field Engineer I in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
This position is contingent on contract award. Raytheon Intelligence and Space Field Engineering (FE) is seeking a Senior Level Field Engineer to work as an in-country Field Service Representative (FSR) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
The assignment will be in direct support of the KSA C-130 Propellers program, and is intended to be an extended Temporary Duty (TDY) assignment overseas in the KSA. This assignment is expected to be based out of Riyadh, but travel throughout KSA shall be expected to travel based on aircraft movement.
The selected engineer shall be a highly motivated team member who is able to identify issues, while still catalyzing action in the development, planning, and assistance with the implementation of timely and effective corrective actions.
Such corrective actions and resolutions shall include issues involving but not limited to the following: (1) engine and control systems and (2) products in both military and commercial arrangements. The FSR is also expected to (1) help facilitate special investigations internally and with partners, and (2) gather field data and assist in root cause analysis, corrective action plans, and implementation.
The engineer shall support activities in preparation for the new product introductions and in-service product support. Additionally, the FSR shall provide expert level Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) engineering and technical support services to the KSA end-users. The Engineer shall be available full-time in-country in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Scheduled shifts will correspond to the customer’s normal work day.
Schedules can be modified as needed to adapt to customer operations and optimal support periods. The Field Engineer shall provide on-site proficiency training and advice to the end users of the C-130 Aircrafts. The purpose of this effort is to elevate the technical knowledge and abilities of the end user responsible for the independent operation and maintenance of the C-130 aircraft.
This engineer will be required to interface daily with KSA personnel at all levels, and will be responsible for troubleshooting system failures, reporting anomalies, interfacing with multiple customers, and the Raytheon program office.
Following a training period, this engineer will have minimal oversight and expected to be self-sufficient in compliant implementation of contract deliverables.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Data gathering (field reliability, operator use, and maintenance), analysis, coordinating special investigations, product testing, strong customer and field service interface, and corrective action implementation.
• Effectively engaging all aspects of engineering departments, suppliers, repair centers, and worldwide airline operators.
• Working with technical publications for initiation, planning, and coordination of Service Bulletins, Service Information Letters, and Component Maintenance Manuals.
• Working with the Customer Response Center (CRC) to address in service technical issues in an appropriately responsive manner for assigned aircraft systems and products.
• Effectively providing technical support solutions with strong ability to communicate at all levels (executive to technician).
• Function acts as the "Voice of the Customer" for promoting positive change to our products and processes.
• Preparation and presentation of functional issues and familiarization maintenance training to airline operators.
• Supporting presentation preparation steps.
• Ability to provide on-the-job training to all maintenance personnel covering all phases of maintenance and operation, operational checkout, system analysis, and system/subsystem replacement, adjustment, or services pertinent to the C-130 Propeller System.
• Ability to provide technical assistance in the interpretation of technical orders, manuals, engineering drawing, and schematics, which pertain to the C-130 Propeller System.
• Technical writing – test reports, training materials, customer presentations as needed.
• Training – must be able to absorb new technical material quickly and then train others as needed.
• 2-4 years of related hands-on experience with aviation, power-plant systems, mechanical, and electronic control products
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and conscientious
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and data analysis tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, ability to coordinate and schedule multiple tasks, ability to work closely with other team members
• Ability to effectively use ACE tools and principles to improve products, processes, and services
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Familiarity with the C-130 aircraft
• Experience in aircraft systems, product, and aircraft troubleshooting abilities
• Hands-on maintenance and test experience
• Experience in creating lesson plans and training technical personnel.
• Experience working within the Kingdom of Saudi Araba
• Experience working overseas as a FSR
• Experience working with other defense contractors, military personnel, and foreign customers
Required Education (including Major):
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related technical field.
• Combination of experience, education, and training may substitute for the degree.
Special Work Environment:
• The individual in this position may be required to provide support in hazardous avionics and flight line areas.
• May require working in a hazardous area (e.g. environmental chambers), and in shop environments.
• May require lifting of 50 lb. in working (e.g. flight line), and in shop environments.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.