Raytheon Technologies New College Graduate: Software Engineer I in Salt Lake City, Utah
We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted , innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities, which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Raytheon Intelligence and Space business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement , missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications , and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work together and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing radar and sensor solutions , which deliver superior detecting, ranging, and tracking for military forces worldwide. In addition to maintaining an excellent portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams, which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Typical job functions for the Software Engineer I include participation on collaborative , cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop , test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions . Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support . You will work and learn in an engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
The candidate will work with experienced developers in our Salt Lake City office for the protection of our country.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Security Clearance & Other Requirements:
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI clearance
• Software development experience (i.e. internship, co-op, or other work or academic project experience)
• Experience with C, C++, or Java
• Experience recognizing and responding to urgent system demands
• Experience working both in a team environment and individually
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Object Oriented Design and Development
• U.S. Citizenship
• ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)Experience with User Interface development
• Experience with Qt
• Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP
• Experience with or basic understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Perl • Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as git
Required Education: Must have a BS / BA with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics, or other related field by Summer 2021.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.