Raytheon Technologies Senior System Administrator in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Raytheon is seeking a Sr System Administrator with a strong Linux administration background to join our team in a development and sustainment environment, co-located at a customer facility in Colorado Springs, CO.
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI Government Security Clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen with a current TS/SCI clearance
• 4+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware
• Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, packaging (RPM), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security
• Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
• Experience with implementing security requirements in support of system accreditation
• Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
• Experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting in sh and csh variants, Bash, Python, and PERL
• Experience with planning, deployment, installation and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations
• Must be able to travel 20% for installation support
• Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
• Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
• Communication and diplomatic skills
• Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
• Required to provide pager (on-call) support
• Familiar with agile development processes
• Must have an active CompTIA Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
• Experience with automation frameworks (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
• Experience with cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
• Experience administering Windows based systems
• Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
• Familiar with version control systems such as git, IBM Rational Team Concert, etc.
• General Network Administration
• Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts
• Knowledge of Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Typically, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and 5 years relevant experience OR 13 years of experience in lieu of degree.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $70,000 - $150,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.