Raytheon Technologies Senior Systems Integration Technologist II in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Senior Systems Integration Technologist II - Platform Reliability Engineer
The Senior Systems Integration Technologist II - Platform Reliability Engineer will be part of a team delivering “Platform” as a capability supporting Space Force and other DoD customers on the Raytheon Innovation and Technologies team. This is a group of Platform Operations specialists that support DoD customers to provide Platform as a Service (PaaS) environments on cloud and on-premise infrastructure. The team utilizes Pivotal Cloud Foundry PKS or the latest VMWare Tanzu (a Kubernetes platform) to provide the PaaS and seeks to continuously improve the state of the running system through automation. This is a diverse team of highly skilled operators who embrace Agile and DevOps to pioneer a radically new concept for rapid delivery of software mission capabilities to DoD programs.
As a Platform Reliability Engineer, you will receive On The Job training in PCF/VMWare Tanzu and then be responsible for installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of these technologies. You will also manage the deployment and operations lifecycle of these platforms and supporting technologies.
Work location is at Shriver AFB, Colorado Springs, CO. There will be occasional travel for training and to other sites.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
• Create, implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry PKS and VMWare Tanzu deployments
• Provide expertise for operational management of the Platform on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
• Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for continuously improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
• Uses scripting tools to develop automated “self-service” capabilities in the PaaS for the development teams.
• Works closely with developers in troubleshooting issues.
This position is contingent on contract award
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active DoD Top Secret Security clearance
• Subject Matter Expertise in Administration of Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
• Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting languages for automating frequently executed activities.
• Working knowledge of networking concepts and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers/DNS/SSL/Firewalls/NAT/NTP
• Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
• Experience with large scale production systems and dealing with production issues
• Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
• 6+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
• Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
• Experience solving problems at the Linux/Unix command line
• Experience with Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
• Experience administering AWS cloud environments
• Experience working with one or more of the following: VMWare vSphere, ESXi, NSX-V, NSX-T
• Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps
• Professional Certifications such as: RHCE, Linux+, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Security +, CISSP, CCNA
• A software development or DevOps automation background.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, BOSH)
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Salary Range $86,500 - $160,000
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.