Raytheon Technologies Sr Systems Administrator II-Springfield, Virginia in Springfield, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies provides technical, scientific and professional services for defense, intelligence, civil and commercial customers worldwide. The business specializes in Cybersecurity Solutions, Global Intelligence Solutions, Global Training Solutions, Mission Support and Modernization Solutions, and Navigation and Environmental Solutions. Raytheon Intelligence and Systems (RIS) is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator II for planning, developing, installation, configuration and maintenance of IT systems, storage, end user hardware, software, cloud, and other infrastructures located in Springfield, Virginia. The team member selected will strive to maximize network support and automation, through technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse team whose knowledge base covers multiple computing languages and platforms.
Candidates will report to a Software Engineering Section Manager in Indianapolis, IN. The successful candidate will be involved in network administration and maintenance in a secure classified environment, working as a team member in a fast-paced technological environment.
• Excellent working experience with installation and configuration of various operating systems including:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, Windows 7, VMWare ESXi, Red Hat ES 6 & 7
• Excellent working experience with COTS installations and support
• Excellent working experience using Veritas Netbackup and Symantec Backup Exec for backups and image creation/administration
• Excellent working experience supporting multiple Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 active directory domains.
• Excellent working experience with the full lifecycle sustainment of Enterprise Cyber Defense Infrastructure in support of a Tier1/Tier2 CNDSP.
• An active DoD TS/SCI with CI Polygraph clearance
• Excellent working experience with both NetApp Data Ontap Cluster Mode and 7-mode operating system version 8.2 or later.
• Excellent working experience with Data Ontap application layer technologies such as Snapmirror, Snapvault, StapRestore, and Snapdrive .
• Excellent working experience with SAN implementations and related technologies such as iSCSI and NDMP networking protocols and disk management concepts such as RAID groups, Aggregates and LUNs.
• Working knowledge of basic TCP/IP networking concepts (network interfaces, switches, routing, VLANS, etc)
• Excellent working experience with Microsoft Windows 2008/12 operating system and Linux Red Hat
• Security + Certification (or obtain within 6 months of joining the program)
• Working knowledge with Agile, DevSecOps and Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration environments
• Working knowledge with shell scripting using Powershell and Linux shell
• Working knowledge of Windows patching and management experience using Microsoft WSUS 3.0
• Desire and ability to work as a contributing team member
• Effective customer and communications skills
• Ability to work under time constraints, self-starter, customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
• Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
• Familiarity with Classified Computing and Information Assurance best practices
• Thorough analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent teaming skills
Clearance Requirements: U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of 30 days of employment.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study and 5 years of relevant work experience or a Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study and 3 years of relevant work experience 179349
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.