Raytheon Technologies Field Service Professional in Sterling, Virginia
Raytheon is seeking a Field Service Professional to work at our Springfield location. The successful applicant will have a background in the construction and trades industry. The applicant will work with other experienced personnel in a cross-functional team environment to create and take innovative solutions from conceptualization through prototype development. Responsibilities include training, testing, procedure development, and fabrication of structures and prototype hardware. The applicant will have a strong desire to learn and collaborate with team members to refine procedures and designs. Occasional travel relatively local CONUS required.
· Candidate must possess an active Secret security clearance with the ability to upgrade to a Top-Secret security clearance
· Minimum two (2) year of relevant experience in the military, construction, or skilled trades industry
· Hands-on experience such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, or mechanical assembly
· Ability to read and understand conceptual drawings or blueprints
· Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
· Ability to work in restricted mobility areas and confined spaces
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Compliance with Raytheon’s Silica Monitoring Program
· Willingness to apply for Raytheon’s Non-Commercial & DOT Driving Programs
· Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare written training documentation
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint)
· Medium and/or heavy equipment operator
· Military or special operations experience
· Journeyman license or equivalent certification in a skilled trade (e.g. plumbing, HVAC, electrical)
· Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree with an additional four years experience.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.