Raytheon Technologies FPGA Communications Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
The Applied Signal Technology (AST) Division is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. Applied Signal Technology offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation’s capital, or Utah’s lakes and mountains, AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
As a Communications FPGA Engineer you will be an integral part of communications development team in our Sunnyvale, California location. You will utilize your experience in communication applications, digital design concepts, FPGA development practices, and lab integration to provide imaginative, thorough, practicable and organizationally aligned solutions to a wide range of difficult developmental challenges.
* This position is located in our Sunnyvale, California office *
• Familiarity with digital signal processing communications and/or network communications concepts
• Exposure to the design, simulation, and integration of FPGA module level designs
• Exposure to FPGA development environments and FPGA development tool flows
• Exposure to hands-on lab environments
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in team environments
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
• ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Exposure to the development of communication applications that target FPGA processing platforms
• Experience in the development of FPGA module level designs
• Experience in resolving FPGA module level integration and test issues in hands-on lab environments
• Exposure to circuit card design, implementation, integration, and test
• Exposure to Matlab and/or Python
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS / BA with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or other related field by Summer 2022. 189542
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.