Raytheon Technologies CAD Drafter in Tucson, Arizona
This is a temporary position of undetermined length.
This role of CAD Drafter is a technical position with emphasis on updating computer aided graphic diagrams and formatted written information to support the project efforts of the Project Manager, Project Architect, and Engineering staff.
This role requires input into the existing electronic file data base. This drafting documentation of completed design and construction documents must be done with attention to accuracy and completeness for various disciplines to include; architectural, mechanical, civil, security, structural, and electrical. It will be necessary for the drafter to understand and interpret information on hand drawn diagrams and written and verbal communication, from the project staff and translate that information into a completed drawing which clearly illustrates the information in an organized fashion consistent with industry standards. This drafter position is that of a contributor and will be in direct support of technical staff. This includes being under the direct control of engineering staff within a project team environment to complete assignments as directed by the technical staff. This position will report to the Facilities Design and Construction lead for assignments.
• Update building master drawing files in accordance with as-is conditions for all disciplines.
• Reading construction documents for content and understanding of diagrammatic drawings.
• Utilize industry drafting standards to complete work for all disciplines utilizing CAD software skills.
• Editing of technical documents such as building specifications or technical drawings under the direction of an Architect or Engineer.
• Perform field survey for all disciplines of as-is conditions prior to updating master drawings.
• Modify construction details and other detailed diagrams under the direction of an Architect or Engineering staff.
• Print documents for project staff or as instructed by Design and Construction Management.
• Assist project staff in organizing project documents by placing final as is drawings into the project folder (e-folder) system.
• Drafting of building construction documents.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microstation or AutoCad drawing software systems.
• Demonstrated positive experience working in a team environment supporting engineering staff and taking direction.
• Demonstrated ability and experience documenting existing field conditions.
• Effective and clear verbal communication utilizing technical language in discussions with Architect and Engineers.
• Effective communication with project team through use of drawings and diagrams.
• Reading and understanding technical drawings from engineering disciplines.
• Proficiency in use of MSWord, Excel, Power Point software.
• Highly organized in formatting drawing information and utilizing industry standard drawing conventions.
• Prior field experience in visiting construction sites and understanding construction sequencing.
• Various experiences with graphic presentation media.
• Demonstrated ability to take on new assignments and prioritize the entire body of work in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Preparing development and construction documents for new project work.
• Familiarity with building codes.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.180485
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.