Raytheon Technologies Fielded Supplier Quality Engineering Manager in Tucson, Arizona
The Fielded Supplier Quality Sr. Manager will report to the Supplier Quality Director and serve as a key member of the Supplier Quality Leadership Team (LT). This individual will lead the fielded Supplier Quality Engineering team to ensure effectiveness of processes and consistent execution across suppliers and facilitate deployment and adherence to Mission Assurance processes.
The Sr. Quality Manager will lead a team of Supplier Quality Managers and Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE) who ensure quality assurance across the domestic supplier base for Raytheon Missiles & Defense.
The Fielded Supplier Quality Sr. Manager will develop a supplier support plan that ensures SQEs are assigned appropriately with responsibility for ensuring product compliance and effectiveness across a complex/diverse portfolio of program/products.
The Sr. Quality Manager will drive overall quality performance, collaborating with various Q&MA entities across the RMD Business, working hand-in-hand with program Quality Managers to identify opportunities, provide guidance, and support the needs of factories and programs, including maintaining an effective relationship with DCMA and Customer personnel.
The Fielded Supplier Quality Sr. Manager will be the primary interface for domestic suppliers in support of all RMD Mission Areas. A primary requirement for success will include collaboration with the customer (DCMA), Engineering, program leadership, Quality & Mission Assurance entities, and other functional organizations to help ensure supplied product meets technical data package requirements for product quality. This position requires the ability to network and collaborate across RMD and Raytheon Technologies (RTX) to prevent and address quality issues that represent potential risk to business execution. This role is also critical in driving world-class quality practices and processes to ensure a competitive advantage for RMD.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute a Quality Engineering staffing strategy to meet the program, Product Assurance and overall Q&MA objectives.
• Maintain an accurate staffing projection with sufficient detail of special requirements to meet program and supplier requirements.
• Evaluate, approve (or reject) clarifications, waivers, and exceptions to RMD Quality Requirements.
• Interface with DCMA and provide quality engineering support and expertise to RMD to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements.
• Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System and leverage the Quality System to improve customer satisfaction and minimize Government Corrective Action Requests (GCARs).
• Engage in and provide leadership to the development and deployment of effective and efficient methods, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools and technology to reduce nonconforming material receipts and floor failures.
• Ensure the use and implementation of analytical tools and methods to: minimize inspection; complete specialized quality functions such as data preparation, analyses, and reporting; support process improvements; complete special investigations and audits; take preventative and corrective actions.
• Minimum of 12 years related quality management or supplier performance leadership experience.
• Experience with Supply Chain Product Line reviews and Integrated Supplier Teams.
• Experience in flow down of Quality Requirements to suppliers
• Experience with improving poor performing suppliers and / or managing corrective action boards
• Ability to lead cross-business teams in failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
• Experience with Six Sigma methodology and / or tools such as lean manufacturing, process optimization and continuous improvement.
• Experience in management and leadership with ability to execute hiring and staffing plans.
• Must be able to travel as required to support customers and suppliers 25 to 50%.
• US citizenship
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. DoD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Additional clearances may also be required from the Department of Defense (DoD)
• Experience with AS9100 quality management systems, and aerospace-related manufacturing environment.
• Experience with energetic material and/or energetic systems.
• Ability to perform and review supplier trend analysis.
• Understanding of Non-conforming material and MRB processes.
• Experience working with Raytheon Technologies key suppliers.
• Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts such as statistical process control.
• Ability to manage and develop balanced supplier relationships built on partnerships and required performance.
• Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize competing priorities.
• Ability to collaborate with internal functions and external organizations to provide best value solutions to internal and external customers.
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or R6Sigma Principal Specialist preferred.
• Strong organizational, collaborative and communication skills.
• Ability to write clear presentations including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Existing active DoD security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Business, or related discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.172608
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.