Raytheon Technologies Sr Principal Audit & Compliance Engineer - Lead Auditor in Tucson, Arizona
J ob Description:
The Lead Auditor will function as a member of the Internal Audits and Assessments team within the Compliance and Engagements Directorate. Major responsibilities include:
· Lead, conduct and support internal audits for compliance to the AS91xx series of standards, internal Organizational Directives, IPDS and other documentation comprising the quality management system
· Analyze factory, lab and offsite performance to requirements in directive documentation
· Identify trends and assist factories and labs with corrective action process including implementation, verification and validation
· Interface with internal RMD leaders and Raytheon business unit audit leaders to develop strategies and execution plans for specifying, predicting, analyzing, controlling and improving assessment processes
· Apply lessons learned from other programs and processes
· Identify and ensure systemic problems are resolved and validate effectiveness of corrective actions
· Monitor and identify trends
· Identify processes that place quality management systems at risk and develop an assessment process to analyze potential risks
· Interface with NQA, Raytheon’s Certification body during site certification / recertification audits to the AS9100 and ISO QMS standards
· Communicate results to area managers and senior personnel both verbally and in writing
· Participate in problem resolution of technical issues
· Serve as primary customer point-of-contact for internal and external assessments
· 20% Travel domestically as required to represent and lead specific audits and assessments.
· Knowledge of what constitutes robust quality management systems
· Eight (8) or more years of experience leading audit teams in Aerospace or similar industry
· Proven ability to identify problem root cause and develop, implement and evaluate effective short and long-term corrective actions
· Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, systems thinking, and employ effective decision making skills.
· Proven ability to interpret requirements and evaluate compliant processes
· Demonstrated proficiency in preparing and presenting information to upper management and customers
· Ability to write effective, clear, and impactful audit reports
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Certified as Lead Auditor (Exemplar / IRCA), ASQ CQA, or similar auditor certifications
· Existing Secret clearance required
· Knowledge of AS9100
· Experience leading AS9100 audits
· Ability to utilize statistical methods and tools to monitor closed loop systems, analyze process data and identify opportunities to improve process performance
· Knowledge of engineering design processes, control, and systems necessary to support all phases of the lifecycle
· Ability to lead change management through the use of process improvement tools and techniques to support continual performance improvement of the assessment process
Required Education: BS Engineering or other technical field; Advanced technical degree desired.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.