Raytheon Technologies Sr Systems Administrator I in Tucson, Arizona
Provide IT systems administration in a heterogeneous Microsoft Windows and Redhat Enterprise Linux environment.
Understanding of Windows Server internals, and knowledge of Linux fundamentals to include DNS, DHCP, AD, and server replication methods.
Working as a team member in a fast paced technological environment.
Help develop and implement new technologies based upon industry best practices. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems at a high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware and operating systems (OS).
Understanding of Virtual Machine (VM) technologies and methods (VMWare).
Perform OS server tuning to maximize system performance on both physical and virtual systems.
Understanding of data RAID, data backup uses and technologies.
Work across IT functions to standardize processes and procedures.
Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security compliance requirements.
Provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes and procedures.
This is currently a remote position with some on site work required.
Note: U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires that an applicant be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret clearance
Required Skills/Basic Qualifications
•. Systems administration working experience in Windows; Linux Server Environments [desired] including directory services management, and system hardening
• Thorough experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX virtual computing methods
• Experience maintaining a medium sized Server environment
(or 12 years of experience in lieu of a degree)
• Knowledge of data storage, NAS, and SAN technologies and solutions
• Experience working with TCP/IP, switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operations
• Knowledge and experience using Information Technology project lifecycle
• Have developed solutions and documentation to resolve and prevent of technical problems
• Have led special projects and managed resources
• Have trained others in standard IT processes and procedures
• Able to autonomously and safely lift 15 pounds
• Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours
Desired Skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• 4+ years experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX virtual computing methods
• Experience with remote service projection utilizing HP blade technology, HP Boost, and Loestream
• Advanced knowledge of system performance monitoring and deployment of associated tools
• Patch management experience using Windows WSUS, SCCM, or other tools
• System administration experience in a Linux environment
• Basic knowledge Redhat Enterprise Linux
• Experience with Remote services and performance optimization
• Experience with license managers in a Windows or Linux environment
Active US DoD Secret clearance is preferred.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, IT, or related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.173904
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.