Raytheon Technologies Sr Systems Administrator Tucson location in Tucson, Arizona
US Citizenship status is required as this position must have a active U.S. Security Clearance. Must be able to obtain Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification) within 6 months of start date
Empowering a global business. Providing affordable solutions. Delivering competitive discriminators by unleashing deep expertise. These are just some of the many ways the Digital Technology team at Raytheon Technologies creates success for our customers. Joining our Program Execution team will allow you to partner with Raytheon Missiles & Defense organizations to enable business growth, speed, and agility through business innovation, technical proficiency, and operational excellence.
This is a multi-level position Sr. Systems Administrator I or Sr. Systems Administrator II, based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and requirements for this position.
Provide IT Systems Administration to the Program Services Rapid Asset Deployment lab. Primarily responsible for Windows and Red Hat image development and maintenance, automating software and OS deployments, and providing support to end users. Understanding of Windows Server internals and extensive knowledge of Linux fundamentals to include DNS, DHCP, AD, management tools, deployment tools and server replication methods. This Individual will be working as a technical lead in a fast paced technological teaming environment. Individual must be able to demonstrate advanced troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate to high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware, software and operating systems (OS). In depth knowledge of Virtual Machine (VM) technologies and methods (VMWare). Perform OS server installations on both physical and virtual systems. Provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes and procedures. Mentor junior team members and perform other tasks as assigned. Additionally, this position will interact with internal and external users and customer entities’ and vendors to system integrity, operations and maintain security compliance requirements.
Minimum Required Skills / Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in IT or a related STEM field and 4 years of directly related experience or a IT/STEM Master degree and 2 years of directly related experience, in lieu of a degree an additional 8 years of directly applicable equivalent experience is required.
• US Citizen Status is required as this this position will need a US Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Experience in Windows and or Linux Server Environments including directory services management, and system hardening
• Experience with patch management experience using Windows Deployment Tools, Windows Server Update Service, and System Center Configuration Manager.
• Experience with OS management tools and OS internals, file system structures, and machine architectures
• Experience with virtualization technologies and virtual computing methods
• Experience with systems scripting to develop solutions and documentation to a variety of technical problems
• Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours and up to 10 % travel
- Must be a US Citizen this position requires a current secret clearance
Highly Desired Skills / Certifications:
• An active DoD Secret Clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years
• An active DoD TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance or prior SCI/program eligibility
• Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and an Operating System Certification
• Direct working experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DFARS and/or DoD/RMF
• 6 years’ experience maintaining a medium sized Server environment
• Experience with Red Hat Linux kickstart, YUM and Satellite services/configuration.
• Experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX virtual computing methods
• Experience in Project Leadership, Management, or Project management in an IT domain
• Working knowledge of Backup Exec, NetApp Snap Protect, data backup technologies, systems principles, and safeguards
• Advanced scripting experience
• Experience supporting engineers in software, simulations, and hardware development
• Experience with collaboration tools like Microsoft Exchange, Lync, or SharePoint
• Advanced hands on experience with Windows and Unix security hardening, systems integrations, advanced troubleshooting and authentication service integration (LDAP)
• Experience with Unix (Including Linux and Solaris) in a medium to high complex environment
• Experience utilizing Backup Exec, NetApp Snap Protect, data backup technologies, systems principles, and safeguards
• High Performance Computing (HPC) experience in a Linux environment
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.176016
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.