Raytheon Technologies Supplier Quality Engineer in Tucson, Arizona
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is the primary quality interface between Raytheon’s RMD organization and the external supply base. The SQE provides both communication of requirements and performance feedback to the supplier as well as being a conduit for Quality information back to internal functions within RMD. The SQE’s role includes developing, managing, and reporting progress on the resolution of supplier caused issues impacting the factory. The SQE works cross functionally in support of multiple programs and is a key player in supplier risk mitigation and problem resolution. The SQE represents RMD professionally and supports Raytheon Technologies Vision, Values, Strategy and Goals in the supply base.
This position covers an assignment as a factory Supplier Quality Engineer in Tucson, AZ
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Represents supplier quality in factory FRACAS (Failure Review And Corrective Action System) meetings and leads coordination with program and field supplier quality engineers and supplier engineers to address supplier related issues.
• Addressing nonconforming material holds and quality notifications identified in receiving inspection for assigned factories supporting multiple programs
•Ensuring proper assignment and flow down of quality requirements to factory offload suppliers and ensuring supplier compliance with requirements
• Working with other Quality functions and Cross Business Teams (CBTs), to affect rapid closure of issues utilizing analytical capabilities and communications skills
• Ensuring supplier root-cause analysis and corrective actions are identified and implemented with closure plans
• Driving continuous product / process improvements using statistical / analytical improvement tools such as Six Sigma and lean methodologies
• Participating in supplier design, process change, qualification test, and procedure reviews.
• Supporting supplier assessments, audits, and reviews
Qualifications You Must Have
• 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, or related engineering discipline.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM).
• Practical knowledge of Aerospace or commercial equivalent Preventative tools - SPC, FMEA, QFD, PPAP, APQP etc.
• Practical knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action processes
• General understanding of commercial and aerospace / defense regulations and standards - AS9100, AS9102, ISO-9000, AS9145, etc.
• Practical knowledge in drawing interpretation and hardware inspection techniques
Qualifications We Value:
• Six Sigma, Lean and / or American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification (CQE, CQM/OE, CSQE, CQA, CRE, etc.)
• MS Engineering / Technical or MBA
• Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple suppliers / customers
• Experience in DoD product and process oversight including requirements, build, integration, test and delivery
• Experience in engineering development and project planning
• General Statistical Process Control knowledge, including implementation
• General knowledge of aerospace / defense products and systems technologies
• General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with customers, suppliers, and program in a team environment
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.Clearance Information:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. An active, in scope Secret clearance is a plus. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.