Raytheon Technologies NWS Site Operations Supervisor in Canada
All successful applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have a bona fide exemption. Do not submit medical records with your application.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.*
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair, logistics support and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks Site Operations Supervisors to support the NWS system O&M Contract. The positions which are on a 6 week x 6 week rotation will be based at Long Range Radar (LRR) sites that are supported out of Inuvik, Cambridge Bay, Sanirajak (Hall Beach), Iqaluit or Goose Bay.
Responsibilities of this positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise the daily operation of the Long Range Radar (LRR) and associated Short Range Radar (SRR) sites.
• Accomplish LRR/SRR objectives by managing staff, planning and evaluating activities.
• Ensure safety, productivity and efficiency to the standards of the SOW and to the satisfaction of the program.
• Schedule, supervise and monitor subcontracted personnel as needed to accomplish tasks as well as program.employees. Provide guidance to employees, subcontractors and customer visitors.
• Communicate job expectations: plan, monitor and appraise job results and initiate corrective actions when/where necessary.
• Provide guidance and training to customer personnel in establishing operation, maintenance, and inspection procedures and techniques.
• Provide guidance and training to technicians in establishing operation, maintenance and inspection procedures and techniques.
• Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures necessary to support the maintenance and control of LRR/SRR systems.
• Interface with internal and external customers ensuring effective communication regarding status and priority of work.
• Enforce safety and security procedures.
• Responsible for performance management of LRR employees including orientation, conducting evaluations, initiating training & development, coaching, counselling and discipline as per company policies and procedures.
• Ensure timely and open communication with the LSS Manager and Operations Manager.
• Travelling to various SRR sites will be required, some of which are subject to inclement weather conditions. Work will take place both indoors and outdoors and may be physically demanding at times.
• Conduct environmental, safety, security and quality checks and audits, general housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures in these areas.
• Prepare personal time sheets.
• Perform other duties as assigned which are transient in nature.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in an applicable trade or technical field.
• 3 years minimum experience in both personnel (performance management) and workflow supervision and management.
• Knowledge of building electrical, mechanical, HVAC or building structural systems, with ability to read and interpret related drawings and manuals would be considered an asset.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A (with valid certificate) required.
• Must already hold a Level II (Secret) Clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Approval of security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment.
• Hold a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial equivalent.
• Customer service and detail oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal skills (English).
• Work harsh weather conditions.
• Must be familiar with safety regulations and practices.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
Raytheon Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.187795