Raytheon Technologies Sr Field Engineer II in South Korea
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is seeking a Sr. Field Engineer II to support a Foreign Military Sales Global Hawk program in the Republic of Korea (RoK). The right candidate must be willing and able to forward deploy anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice. The individual selected must be qualified to support Global Hawk (GH) sensor system operations within a Ground Control Element (GCE). This position requires a working knowledge of intelligence imaging techniques and tactics, networking and UNIX based command line system administration. The right candidate will also possess complex troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Electro-mechanical, Infrared, RF Sensor Systems hardware/software and integrated aircraft avionics systems and have a proven history of effective performance in stressful situations.
This field engineering position requires an array of technical competencies and personality traits that enable one to respond effectively to rapidly changing circumstances and adverse conditions. It requires expertise in complex hardware/software system maintenance and working knowledge of sensor system design and theory.
Employment is contingent on meeting all medical requirements for the overseas assignment (including comprehensive post-offer medical examination) and the ability to maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Advise and mentor RoK aircrew on the use of sensor system to maximize effectivity of imagery collections and required support procedures
Provide mid-mission support on tactics, troubleshooting and logistical tasks
Train aircrew on pre and post mission procedures
Monitor collected imagery for artifacts and anomalies
Field Engineers will resolve technical problems and issues in accordance with product specifications and engineering data to recommend repair/sustainment of sensors.
Advise and mentor RoK military technicians/leadership and partnered contractor technicians on the following tasks performed in the GCEs:
Sensor System Outside Hangar Checks
Perform pre-flight, postflight, archive
Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommend corrective action.
Monitor, analyze and characterize the performance of sensor system specific test equipment.
Implement preventive maintenance programs and document/manage performance and maintenance records.
• Six years of computer hardware/software/system integration experience including ground station support, UNIX, and Solaris 8/10 operating systems.
• Six years of UAVs and/or Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft operations and/or maintenance experience.
• Working knowledge of military operations and imagery and/or signal intelligence gathering procedures and techniques
• Possess communication skills necessary for problem resolution with military/corporate customers and vendors.
• Working knowledge of computer systems/networks and UNIX operating systems
• Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Strong teamwork skills – Ability to interact productively with other Raytheon Technologies Field Engineers and customers in a diverse team setting.
• Work independently to develop timely and effective solutions to technical problems of various scope and complexity.
• Six years of avionics, sensors, electro-optical, Infrared and/or RF hardware engineering/maintenance experience.
• Ability to work in a military flight line environment and extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to correct system discrepancies.
• Experience with Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and Digital Multi-meters.
• Working knowledge of military aircraft maintenance forms, equipment accounts, CAMS/IMDS, and flight line procedures.
Required Education (including Major):
Six years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field. Eight additional years of work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Security Clearance Requirement:
A current, active Secret (or higher) security clearance is required for this position.
Special Work Requirements:
Work rotating shifts may be required -- possible 12 hour shifts 7 days /week.
Frequent travel and long work hours are anticipated.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds and able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Must be willing and able to receive all inoculations required by the customer and host country.
This position requires a U.S. Person.