Raytheon Technologies Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2021) in West Union, West Virginia
United States of America
HWV02: S&IS (Deicing) - Union 225 Stringtown Road
, Union, WV, 24983 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Use of analytical and problem solving skills to identify and eliminate waste within manufacturing and business processes
• Assist with implementation of lean manufacturing, 5S, continuous improvement and visual factory projects.
• Track the progress of open and in process work orders using Manufacturing Resource Planning software (SAP).
• Assist in evaluating planning and capacity parameters of production areas to ensure accurate and optimal inventory levels, on time delivery, and throughput yield.
• Perform root cause analysis on manufacturing issues and implement corrective actions.
• Conduct and document time studies and capacity analysis of various operations within production areas.
• Assist in writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work job duties
• Preferred majors are: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Management, Operations Management or equivalent.
• Excellent Computer skills including, Powerpoint, Excel, Word Programs are required.
• Preferred experience with SAP, Agile, Access and /or CAD.
• Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
• Preferred familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles.
• Ability to interact with a variety of manufacturing, engineering and planning personnel in a positive and professional manner.
• Willingness to work various shifts as required.
• Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.