Raytheon Technologies Supply Chain, EACS, NPI Co-op (Summer/Fall 2022) in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
As a Supply Chain, Engine & Airframe Control Systems (EACS), New Product Introduction (NPI) Co-op located in Windsor Locks, CT, you will have the opportunity to develop your core operations skillset to include cross functional leadership, solution-based negotiating, cost management activities, strategic commodity coordination, and execution of key customer critical program development activities. NPI reads across all aspects of supply chain competencies providing an excellent proving ground for motivated individuals with interest in building a strong base within UTC’s supply chain organizations. Success in this role is defined by forging strong supplier relationships, strong internal relationships/teamwork, ownership of NPI tasks in the development process, a strong technical aptitude, and positive execution to program and organizational goals.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
• The role will focus on taking new products though the development life cycle while working in a collaborative Integrated Product Team structure.
• A key activity will be to learn & execute standard work within the Procurement function for IR&D and customer development programs up to and including transition to production, as well as offer any suggestions for standard work improvement.
• Other activities include helping supply base transitions by supporting or leading the procurement effort as part of the cross-functional project team as well as participating in process improvement events as part of our Supply Chain continuous improvement efforts.
• The position requires a strong integration with production and commodity Supply Management teams; leveraging the Commodity Strategies and Global Sourcing initiatives to maximize the positive impact of new programs for cost, quality and delivery.
• The position also requires a strong integration with Engineering and Program Management to maximize supply chain’s customer focus while executing procurement standard work.
• The individual will be responsible for successful execution of projects in terms of supplier on-time-delivery, quality, and cost.
• The individual will gain an understanding of procurement activities in the total Aerospace product life cycle: proposals, design, development, testing, production, aftermarket.
Basic Qualifications:• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.• Must be a U.S. CitizenNothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.Note:• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 yearDiversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.